Staff Product Designer
The Staff Product Designer plays a crucial role in shaping the end-to-end user experience of the Albert platform. From formulation to data collection to reporting, Albert streamlines the entire R&D process for inventing new products and materials, faster. We seek a talented Staff Product Designer to establish best practices, build and mentor a design team, collaborate with product and engineering on new feature development, and deliver a delightful experience to the Albert product suite.
What you’ll do:
- Create outstanding user experiences for a diverse global audience through seamless cross-product journeys, engaging learning experiences, and delightful interactions that align with our mission.
- Manage end-to-end feature design with an ability to translate abstract ideas into viable product features.
- Create and articulate an inspiring design vision and strategy that drives innovation and clarity across teams and stakeholders.
- Set the vision of the design organization and drive the growth and scaling of the team.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners in Engineering, Product Management, Data Science, Customer Success, and Marketing to ensure challenges and interdependencies are holistically understood and solved from an ecosystem perspective.
- Deliver multiple projects simultaneously through robust communication and time management skills.
- Participate in and analyze extensive customer research to identify insights that will ultimately provide customer value and delight.
- Leverage iterative prototyping to quickly test concepts and learn from customers.
- Provide mentorship to co-ops and early career designers from a craft, and cross-discipline partnership perspective.
- 7+ years of professional experience as a UX or product designer with several years operating in a lead capacity or at a principal level. You have a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in HCI, Interaction Design, or Instructional Design.
- You are a Systems Thinker that advocates for holistic and connected user experiences.
- Deep knowledge of user experience methods, innovation, ideation, storytelling, prototyping, design frameworks, concept visualization, problem-framing skills and design principles.
- Proven track record in setting a vision for great customer experiences, inspiring others to get behind the vision, and ultimately delivering products and services that are known for their awesome user experience.
- Ability to build positive, collaborative relationships across teams/groups/functions through facilitative leadership to deliver great results and to “raise the bar” continually as an effective leader of positive change.
- Passion for creating products that resonate on an emotional level and drive business.
- Comfort with ambiguity and can work in environments where the end state is not clearly defined.
- Experience working in an environment of rapid experimentation and ability to pair quantitative and qualitative data to provide strong design rationale.
We’re making a big impact! The Albert platform facilitates the invention of materials for tens of thousands of scientists and hundreds of thousands of applications—from coatings used on Rockets to adhesives used in Electric Vehicles to 3D printed medical devices.
We love distributed teams. Great opportunity to be part of a fast-growing, global team. Albert’s home-base is in the San Francisco Bay Area, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, over 50% of our employees work outside of California! An international remote culture is in our DNA.
We care about you. Albert works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. As a small team, we operate in a very fast-paced environment and set high expectations for ourselves and our peers. We work hard and we play hard.
We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and can be successful—every day.