Albert Solutions Engineer
Looking for a great opportunity to join an innovative technology company who is focused on helping R&D organizations accelerate innovation? Have technical experience in the chemistry and materials sciences industry combined with an interest in sales and supporting all stages of the customer lifecycle?
Albert‘s mission is to foster a software platform which uses big data and machine learning to drastically accelerate the invention of new formulations and novel materials. We are growing quickly and looking for a Solutions Engineer to contribute to the growth and success of our customer base.
Albert is a technical product used by chemists, scientists and material engineers. To be successful in this role you will need to bring both enthusiasm and working knowledge of how a how a laboratory works across functions and roles, within our industry. Experience in adhesives, coatings, sealants, paint, ink, or 3D printing, definite bonus!
- Craft and deliver compelling and value-oriented demos as well as proof of concepts that help our prospects understand the value of Albert’s end-to-end R&D platform
- Work closely with our Account Executive team and other key stakeholders to successfully support the development of accounts, and close deals
- Contribute to the research, preparation and participation in sales calls including leading demos and supporting the discovery of prospect challenges and communicating how Albert can help
- Build out and grow demo environments customized to support our target industries
- Work with Product & Engineering teams to identify and prioritize support and feature requests
- Grow and further develop processes, documents, and tools to improve sales processes and efficiencies including technical documentation, presentations, data sheets, and proposals
- Support product marketing in building out content to support brand and sales funnel initiatives
- Previous experience (2 or more years) in a Sales Engineering, Solutions Architect or Presales type role for a technical SaaS product
- A solid understanding of how R&D in the chemical and material science industry works
- Very comfortable and enjoy delivering highly technical content to executives and scientists
- Solid presentation and communication skills, with an optimal mix of business and technical acumen to craft, communicate and show value propositions to potential customers
- Skilled at engaging audiences; soliciting input and understanding the nuances of both verbal and nonverbal communications to ensure addressing questions or concerns
- Have a track record of proactively building presales processes and sustainable systems to support sales organization
- Experience in agile, fast-growing organization, with proven history in being both strategic and tactical to meet short and long-term goals
- Aptitude for time management, problem solving, and taking on new responsibilities to support company’s overall goals and priorities
We’re making a big impact! The Albert platform facilitates the invention of materials for tens of thousands of scientists and hundreds of thousands of applications—from coatings used on Rockets to adhesives used in Electric Vehicles to 3D printed medical devices.
We love distributed teams. Great opportunity to be part of a fast-growing, global team. Albert’s home-base is in the San Francisco Bay Area, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, over 50% of our employees work outside of California. An international remote culture is in our DNA.
We care about you. Albert works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. As a small team, we operate in a very fast-paced environment and set high expectations for ourselves and our peers. We work hard and we play hard.
We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and can be successful—every day.